For EMERGENCIES involving a U.S. citizen call 591-2-216-8000.
Consular officers monitor the general welfare of United States citizens in Bolivia. In this area, our services include:
- Making inquiries of local authorities about missing U.S. citizens
- Helping indigent citizens find sources of funds for subsistence or temporary shelter, such as at the Salvation Army home for men and for women
- Monitoring the welfare of children involved in custody disputes when the child is in Bolivia.
- Visiting U.S. citizens in prison and providing information on local attorneys
- Coordinating the repatriation to the United States of destitute U.S. citizens
- Providing appropriate and necessary assistance to U.S. citizens who are the victims of accidents and natural or manmade disasters
- List of Attorneys
- Money Transfer
- Welfare and Whereabouts
- Medical Care in Bolivia
- Deaths and Estates
- Reports of Birth, Death, Divorce and Marriage