Fraud Alert - Green Card Lottery or Diversity Visa
- Applications are only made by filling out an electronic form: http://www.dvlottery.state.gov
- The electronic application process ended past November 3, 2014 and it was free.
- Applicants can ONLY find out if they were selected on this web page.
Important Fraud Alert
The U.S. Embassy in La Paz, Bolivia has recently received information regarding a visa scam in which third parties are falsely offering US visas through advertisements published in local newspapers. Once contacted by interested parties, the perpetrators request a down payment to secure process.
Please note that a visa to the United States can only be issued by an American Embassy overseas following a personal interview with a Consular Officer. Third parties are not needed in this process and have no authority to guarantee a visa. Please avoid financial losses by visiting the U.S. Embassy website to learn more about the visa process.
Welcome to the Consular Section in Bolivia. One of our priorities is to provide immigrant and non-immigrant visa services, including Diversity Lottery Visas.
We are committed to providing a courteous and professional service to all applicants. For detailed information, please use the links on the left margin of this page to select the appropriate visa classification.
Hours of Service
The Embassy is open Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Bolivian holidays.
- Non-Immigrant Visa
Interviews are conducted by appointment only scheduled through our Call Center.
- Immigrant Visas
Interviews are by appointment only. Appointments are scheduled by NVC mostly.
Questions, inquiries and further information are accepted only by e-mail; please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy of the United States of America
Arce Av. 2780 (between Cordero and Campos Streets)
La Paz, Bolivia
- Destination USA
- Department of State Travel Page
- Department of State Main Page
- Administrative Processing information notice
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- DHS U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- DHS U.S. VISIT
- DHS Customs and Border Protection
- First Gov Website
- Discover America – This new site is the official travel and tourism website of the United States, developed in cooperative agreement with Department of Commerce.
Bolivian national holiday January 12thDue to the Bolivian national holiday recently dictated for this coming January 12th, 2015 all the nonimmigrant visa appointments scheduled for that day will be rescheduled by the Call Center directly who will contact each applicant. The new appointment dates will be set between January 6 to January 8.
U.S. Visas for Same-Sex Spouses
U.S. embassies and consulates now adjudicate visa applications that are based on a same-sex marriage in the same way that we adjudicate applications for opposite gender spouses. Read the Frequently Asked Questions
1. New Automated I-94 Process for Foreign Visitors 2. CEAC Status Code feature 3. Information about visas for Artists, Entertainers and Athletes 4. E-2 Visas